Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) is one of the most in-demand battle royale games in India.
Developed and published by South Korean video game company Krafton, BGMI is an online multiplayer battle royale game that was first released for Android devices on July 2, 2021. It was later launched for iOS users on August 18, 2021.
While BGMI has over 100 million downloads on Google Play store, it was banned by the Indian government in July 2022 citing security concerns. The ban was later removed in May 2023.
As many as 100 gamers can compete in the Indian version of PUBG Mobile. The one who survives in the TPP-FPP survival shooter game is the winner. Individuals or a team of up to four gamers can play a match in BGMI.
Each BGMI game begins with gamers parachuting from a plane onto one of the following seven maps:
- Erangel (Themed / Normal)
- Livik (Themed / Normal)
Apart from playing the popular eSports game on mobile phones, gamers can play BGMI on Mac/PC/Laptop. Here’s everything you need to know about BGMI for Mac.
BGMI for Mac: All you need to know
BGMI is an APK file which runs on the Android operating system. So, players need to install an Android emulator on their Macbook to run Apk files. Here are the steps to download BGMI for Mac:
- Firstly, gamers need to download the Android emulator on the Mac. Bluestacks is the most popular emulator used for BGMI.
- Players need to then install the emulator on your mac
- Once the emulator is successfully launched, open the App Store on the Mac/PC.
- If the player has never logged in to the App Store before, then the gamer needs to log in through their email id.
- Then search for the Battlegrounds Mobile India game on the App Store.
- Select the BGMI app and install it on the Mac.
- To download other game files, start the game on the Mac.
- Now the player needs to login with his/her BGMI Game ID via their Facebook or Twitter and enjoy the game
Photo credit: Alamy