The decision was taken as the committee reviewed Sunil Narine's action after having studied footage of his bowling.
Kolkata all-rounder Sunil Narine has been cleared by the Indian T20 League's Suspect Bowling Action Committee and his name has been taken off from the warning list hours before his side's game against Hyderabad.
Narine's bowling action was reported last week after Kolkata's two-run win over Punjab at Abu Dhabi on Saturday, as a result of which, he had to miss as many as two games. And now, the committee - comprises Rahul Dravid, ICC match referee Javagal Srinath, former ICC umpire K Hariharan and BCCI treasurer Arun Dhumal.- has cleared the all-rounder, meaning that he can bowl for the rest of the Indian T20 League.
The decision was taken after the committee reviewed his action, having studied footage of his bowling. They said that 'the elbow-bend appears to be within the range of permissible limits'.
"Kolkata requested for an official assessment of Mr Narine's action from the Indian T20 League Suspect Bowling Action Committee, submitting action footage in slow motion with back and side angles," the Indian T20 League statement said. "The Committee carefully reviewed all the deliveries of action footage sent of Mr Narine with the naked eye and has come to the conclusion that the elbow-bend appears to be within the range of permissible limits."
Narine has had issues with his bowling action which dates back to 2014. He was, in fact, reported twice during the Champions League 2014, and went on to miss the 2015 World Cup. In the 2015 edition of the Indian T20 League, the all-rounder was reported again. The International Cricket Council (ICC) cleared his action in 2016, but in March 2018, he was once again reported during the Pakistan Super League.
Feature image courtesy: Twitter / @ICC