Six players have been cleared to join Pakistan's cricket tour to England after recording two successive negative tests, but the other four of 10 players will have to stay behind after failing further tests.
Six players have been cleared to join Pakistan's cricket tour to England after recording two successive negative tests, officials said on Tuesday.
But the other four of 10 players who originally came up positive last week will have to stay behind after failing further tests.
Mohammad Hafeez, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Hasnain, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Rizwan and Fakhar Zaman are now eligible to travel to England and join the 20-player party and 11 coaching staff who left on Sunday, said the Pakistan Cricket Board.
"All the six players were retested on Monday, following their first negative test on June 26," the PCB said.
However, Imran Khan, Kashif Bhatti, Haider Ali and Haris Rauf tested positive for a second time. They will not be allowed to travel to England until they have recorded two consecutive negative tests.
Pakistan's squad arrived in England late Sunday and have started a 14-day mandatory quarantine period in Worcester before they move to Derby on July 13 for intra-squad practice games.
Their tour of England is set to include three Tests and three Twenty20 internationals. It is expected the first Test will take place in Manchester in August but the ECB said the behind-closed-doors schedule would be announced in "due course".
Pakistan will have a 14-day isolation period on arrival before continuing their preparations ahead of the first Test with two internal four-day warm-up matches.
England face the West Indies in a three-Test series starting at Southampton on July 8 -- a campaign that will mark the return of international cricket from lockdown.
Feature image courtesy: AFP / Paul Ellis