Transfer Gossip: Utd in talks with van de Beek, Holding heading for an exit
Barcelona captain Lionel Messi remains the hot topic of the ongoing transfer window, as reports emerged that the Catalan club has refused to negotiate any possibility of an exit, insisting that the clause has already expired. As things stand, those representing the Argentine are claiming that the clause is still active as football was delayed in the wake of the global pandemic.
Meanwhile, there are other developments in the market as well, and we take a look at what's happening around Europe.
Manchester United interested in Donny van de Beek
Ajax midfielder Donny van de Beek was left out of his squad's pre-season friendlies agianst Eintracht Frankfurt, leading to the suggestion that the 23-year-old might move away from the Netherlands. Updating the situation, journalist Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Manchester United are in talks with the midfielder's representatives after scouting him for several months.
United, who are yet to make a signing in the ongoing transfer market, have indeed shown interest but are yet to submit an official bid. As far as the player is concerned, it is said that he would love to play in the Premier League, while Ajax won't stand in the way either, with the only condition being his €40m price tag. The Eredivisie side apparently have a great working relationship with Machester United, and they are well and truly aware of United's interest.
Meanwhile, Barcelona have expressed their interest as well, but the Catalan club have shown no progress in their approach whatsoever.
Everton sign Allan from Napoli
Carlo Ancelotti's Everton have agreed a deal to sign Napoli midfielder Allan for a fee reported to be around €25m (£21.7m), plus an additional €3m (£2.6m) in incentives. Sky Sports report that the midfielder, who has previously worked with Ancelotti while the Italian's time with Napoli, will soon complete his medical ahead of his move.
It was, in fact, Ancelotti's presence that gave Everton an edge ahead of the likes of Atletico Madrid and Borussia Dortmund in acquiring the midfielder. The Italian wants to strengthen his midfield, and for that, he has also marked Watford's Abdoulaye Doucoure in his list. In a recent development, Everton submitted a £36.7m bid for the midfielder, but the approach was outrightly rejected by the Hornets.
On the other hand, negotiations surrounding James Rodriguez's move to Everton are progressing swiftly as well. Both Everton and Real Madrid are expected to close the deal in coming days. The Colombian, who only has a year left in his current Real Madrid contract, will reportedly sign a three-year deal with the Toffees.
Arsenal's Rob Holding heading for a loan exit
Arsenal defender Rob Holding has recently attracted heavy interest from the fellow Premier League clubs, but it is said that Newcastle United are leading the herd.
The 24-year-old defender started Arsenal's Community Shield game against Liverpool on Saturday, and it is being quoted that he is set to discuss terms with the Magpies soon. With Gabriel Magalhaes joining and William Saliba returning, Holding is reportedly surplus to requirement, and thus, a move to Newcastle suits alt he parties involved. Athletic's David Ornstein quotes that the Magpies will also have an option of making the deal permanent.
Feature image courtesy: AFP / Gly Kirk